THE BURGON SOCIETY
Founded to promote the study of Academical Dress
How to Apply
- Make sure that your subscription is up-to-date (or, if necessary, apply for
- Refer to the
Guidelines for Research
for information on the requirements of a fellowship submission.
- Fill in the
Research Application Form
with an outline of your proposed topic
and send it to the Dean of Studies.
- The proposal will be considered by Council,
who will make one of three decisions:
(a) to accept the proposal as it stands;
(b) to accept the proposal with some specific alterations;
(c) to reject the proposal as not fulfilling the requirements.
- The Dean will communicate Council's decision to you.
Assuming you are successful, you may proceed with the work
upon payment of the appropriate
- Council will again consider the work,
and the Dean will inform you of one of the following results:
(a) An outright pass;
(b) A referral for minor corrections,
such as spelling mistakes and other typological errors;
(c) A referral for major corrections,
such as inadequate referencing or inaccurate quotations;
(d) A referral for re-writing,
with an indication of the lines along which it should be re-written;
(e) An outright fail.
- Successful candidates who wish to 'read in' will be notified of
the time and place of the next meeting being held for this purpose.