THE BURGON SOCIETY
Founded to promote the study of Academical Dress
The Burgon Society Wardrobe
Items from UK Theological Colleges
Chichester Theological College
- Chichester Hood, Ryder & Amies, 1960s, Ref. WBS-242. View image.
Ripon College, Cuddesdon
- Cuddesdon Hood, Shepherd & Woodward, 1979, Ref. WCP-001.
College of the Sacred Mission, Kelham
- Kelham Hood, Unknown Maker, Mid C20th, Ref. WBS-086.
King's College, London
- AKC Hood (1909-72), Ede & Ravenscroft, Mid C20th, Ref. WPG-200. View image.
- Lambeth STh Hood, Ede & Ravenscroft, c.1970s, Ref. WST-002.
- Lambeth STh Hood, Ede & Ravenscroft, 2000s, Ref. WBS-159.
Llandaff Ordination Course
- Llandaff Hood, Ede & Ravenscroft, 1990s, Ref. WBS-298.
London College of Divinity
- ALCD Hood, Wm. Northam & Co, Mid C20th, Ref. WBS-120. This hood has the wrong colour lining.
- ALCD Hood, Ede & Ravenscroft, Mid C20th, Ref. WBS-121.
- ALCD Hood, Ede & Ravenscroft, 1974/5, Ref. WPG-119. From 1976, this hood was awarded to holders of the LTh from St John's Nottingham. View image.
Oak Hill College
- Oak Hill Hood (post 1968), Wm. Northam & Co, Late C20th, Ref. WPGIL-008. View image.
Rochester Theological College
- Rochester Hood, J.Wippell & Co, c.1960s, Ref. WPG-023. View image.
St Augustine's College, Canterbury
- St Augustine's Hood, J.Wippell & Co (probably), Mid C20th, Ref. WPG-024. View image.
St Bees College, Cumberland
- St Bees Hood (facsimile), Hand-made, c.2002, Ref. WNWG-062. View image.
Salisbury Theological College
- Salisbury Hood (1966-72), J.Wippell & Co, Late 1960s/Early 1970s, Ref. WNWG-054. View image.
Wycliffe Hall, Oxford
- Wycliffe Hall Hood, Unknown maker, c.1970s, Ref. WST-001.